Smile!What better way to start the day but with a smile? There’s a brand new day ahead of you! Begin your day with positivity by smiling. Not only will this make you feel good on the inside, your family will take it as a sign to take the day in moderation when they see it on your face as well. Who knows? Maybe they’ll start adding smiles to their routine as well!
Reflect on the good things that happened to you this weekFocus on positivity by thinking about all the wonderful things that happened this week. Did your garden plants bloom with flowers? Think about it! Did you finally train the family dog to sit, roll over, and fetch? Focus on it! Or did your children get good grades at school? Celebrate it with a smile! If things haven’t been going well lately, double your efforts into resolving them. Things will always go your way if you set your eyes on success. It may not be okay today, but in the following hours, days, or weeks, it will be.
Take your vitaminsNot only can an apple (along with your daily vitamins) a day keep the doctor away. It can also allow you to live longer and avoid getting sick so you'll have plenty of time to watch the family grow up!
Stop worryingStop worrying about things you can control or those that haven’t happened yet. Let the following quotes sink in when you start to worry:
- “If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today.”
- “If you ask what is the single most important key to longevity, I would have to say it is avoiding worry, stress and tension. And if you didn’t ask me, I’d still have to say it.”
- “Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.”
- “That the birds of worry and care fly over your head, this you cannot change, but that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent.”
- “The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work.”
- “Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.”
PrayEven if you’re not the religious type of Mum, saying a prayer to God, the universe or to yourself is a nice way to start the day. Here are some of the best things to pray for:
- Hope for a better day/month/year ahead
- Good health
- Resolution of problems or conflicts
- Well-being of the whole family
- Well-being of relatives
- Well-being of your country as well as the world
- Anything at the tops of your head